Mat McLachlan Battlefield Tours is one of Australia’s leading suppliers of school group tours.
Every year we send hundreds of students and cadets on tours of hallowed Australian battlefields all over the world. Your school or cadet unit could be one of them – speak to us today about designing a customised itinerary for your group. We can combine this with your other academic components such as music tours or history tours.
The Mat McLachlan Battlefields Tours difference:
- The best Historians: Mat McLachlan is Australia’s leading battlefield Historian. He personally designs our customised group itineraries in consultation with the school or cadet unit. We also employ some of the world’s leading Historians to accompany our school groups – many are former teachers who are experts in energising and engaging with young people.
- Customised itineraries: We can fully tailor your battlefield tour to visit the sites that are most important to you, and to fit in with your budget and curriculum.
- Life at the Front: We are the only tour company that offers the immersive Life at the Front educational experience, where students or cadets spend a full day dressed and equipped as an Australian First World War platoon. They will practice dressing, marching and drilling with authentic equipment on an actual First World War battlefield – we can’t send them back in time, but this is the next best thing!
- Quality accommodation and transport: All our groups travel in extremely comfortable air-conditioned coaches, and we have a range of accommodation options to fit in with any budget.
- Discounted airfares: Our strong relationships with international airlines mean that we can negotiate group airfare deals at considerable discounts.